-
November 9th, 2002, 05:35 PM
#11
TA 152
Guest
Not 100% sure but for computers or DVD-R players (for playback) the format is simply DVD-video. Most likely ANY video to be printed on a DVD.
Should read anything.
However for burning it is most likely that a specific DVD format will have to be psecified.
R
-
November 10th, 2002, 01:16 AM
#12
Inactive Member
Another issue, and I'm sure you're starting to wonder why you asked in the first place, is that if I asked you for a transfer, there's no way in the world I'd want it on nasty old NTSC. It's so inferior to PAL, especially when played on a PAL tv, and I'd feel really duped. If you were to burn on a computer, you could definately decide which format to make the DVD in the project setup of Premier etc.
Roger, I suggest that you ask a forum of people not quite so obsessed with 1970's technology. Try those modern video folk.
-
November 10th, 2002, 04:17 AM
#13
TA 152
Guest
With speculation but pretty accurate:
DVDs recorded with a computer will most likely:
Play back right away on other computers or computer connected to DVD computer drives. (or built in)
PAL / NTSC / zone no issue
Will play on some home stationary DVD players (with or without hack) and not on others and
(PAL/NTSC / zone / Homebrew compability is an issue) and:
Will most likely play back without a problem on most (all?) stationary (home) DVD players (recorders) with Fire wire interface.
(PAL/NTSC / zone / Homebrew compability possibly not is an issue)
Not nessecary one simple answer to this.
R
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks